ARM conducted the first course in our online Operator Training Program on February 14 and more than eighty members took part live. There were more registrants than any previous ARM webinar.
The first session, What Operators Need to Know on Day One, was presented by ARM President Dru Laws. He addressed rotomolding and manufacturing vocabulary as a way of introducing the process, basic machine layout, common materials and tools, and an overview of the process.
ARM members can watch a recording of the webinar here. (Login required.)
What rotomolders said about the Operator Training Program
In a quick evaluation following Course One, here is what some of our molders said when we asked if they had “any feedback”:
- “I really appreciate the time and effort that ARM put into making this webinar series. Thanks.”
- “Thank you for making this available and so user friendly! Great resource and training tool.”
- “Good information for new people”
- “Keep up the good work to expand the knowhow in and outside the Roto industry!”
- “Very good basic overview for new Associates to the business.”
After reviewing feedback from webinar participants, Laws said, “This will perhaps be one of the greatest benefits ARM has ever provided our members and I’m happy to be a part of it.”
The schedule for the next three webinars follows:
February 28 at 10 AM Central: Venting
March 14 at 10 AM Central: Parting Lines, Contamination, Minimizing Waste
April 4 at 10 AM Central: Review of Session 1-3
Members should check their ARM emails or email staff at email@example.com to sign up.
Additional sessions in the program include:
- Tooling and Tooling Maintenance
- Correct weighing and material handling & What Happens During Rotomolding
- Mold release agents, shrinkage and warpage, and thickness control
- Identifying the correct materials
- Safety in Rotomolding and other operations
Registration for these courses will be available as the schedule is finalized.
Leave a Reply