ARM is excited to announce that Conchita Miranda (Operadora Miraplastek) and Jon Ratzlaff (Chevron Phillips Chemical Company) have been elected to the Rotational Molding Hall of Fame. They will be inducted on October 29 at the ARM Annual Meeting in Houston.
The longest-serving member of ARM’s Board of Directors, Conchita has been a strong and active supporter of the rotomolding industry for many years. She has always been a dynamic member of ARM: volunteering her time for the success of the Association, participating in most of ARM’s committees, and presenting the Introduction to Rotomolding seminar in Spanish. She has written for Rotation Magazine and Rotoworld.
Conchita is a second-generation rotomolder and the Director General of Operadora Miraplastek. She began attending ARM meetings as a teenager. She is recognized by many rotomolders as an outstanding leader in our industry and a promoter of our industry throughout Latin America. Our members have also recognized her focus in continuously strengthening relationships with members and making ARM a very inviting environment for decades.
Jon’s extensive experience in numerous plastics disciplines affords him exceptional insight into the advantages of the rotational molding process; which he has shared throughout the world.
He is currently Technical Service Manager Polyethylene with focus on product, application, and business development for polyethylene products for Chevron Phillips Chemical Company.
Jon has served on ARM Committees and has presented many times at ARM meetings and via webinar. Jon is a contributing author to Handbook of Industrial Polyethylene and Technology, including writing the Rotational Molding chapter.
The Nomination & Election Process
- Nominations for the Hall of Fame were collected from the industry throughout the Spring.
- All nominations received from 2014 – 2019 serve as the longlist.
- The ARM Executive Committee elected a Hall of Fame Selection Committee comprised of six members of the Hall of Fame.
- The Selection Committee votes on the longlist to narrow it to a shortlist of five nominees.
- All Hall of Fame members were delivered a ballot to elect two inductees from the shortlist.
- Conchita Miranda and Jon Ratzlaff will be inducted October 29 in Houston.